Have you ever wondered what it really means to serve on a board of directors? What exactly does the law require of a board? What does a non-profit expect of you? How do you decide which board to join?
If you have thought about serving on a board but didn't know what would be expected or how to get connected, this is the session for you. We'll take a no-nonsense look at what you need to know, and do, to be a stellar board member then come to this free training session in Boulder:
The training and a Non-profit Board Table Fair and is open to
anyone living or working in Boulder County.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Board Training - 5:30 to 7pm
Non-profit Board Table Fair - 7 to 8pm
East Boulder Senior Center
Drinks will be provided.
You are welcome to bring a brown bag dinner.
To sign up to attend, please register online at http://www.regonline.com/boardmatch
You'll leave this educational session understanding:
* Your legal duties
* Commonly accepted expectations of board members in non-profits
* What it is like to serve on a non-profit board
* What questions you should ask before joining a board
After attending the training on how to be a non-profit board member, cruise our Non-profit Board Table Fair to find local non-profits who are looking for board members right now. Learn about:
* their mission and programs,
* what types of board members they are recruiting,
* what they expect of board members,
* what current board members enjoy about serving the organization,
* and more.